Saturday, November 15, 2014

Lessons Learned…


Gesu -  My Elementary School
I have constantly looked over my life and my current situation, to try to understand what I am supposed to learn being in this situation.  My conclusion is… being part of the Poor/Working Class is bullshit.  Please pardon my French.  But here are the lessons that I have learned so far…

Lesson #1

Poor/working class people have no room for error in their lives.  And, when your financial situation is close to poverty, everything is far from perfect.  I went to go boot shopping, yesterday, because I need new boots for winter.  I stopped at one store and thought, OK, I will get these, but then I stopped.  I realized that I might find something better elsewhere.  In my past, if I found a boot that I liked better, I would just buy them as well.  Now, I have to really look at is it what I need.  Also, I usually have more than one pair of boots for the season and that time is over for now.  As a Frugal Diva, I would just go to TJ Maxx or Burlington’s and get a couple of pairs.  I can’t afford that, as a Working Class Diva, I can afford one pair, that’s it.  There is no discretionary spending, not even for the Holiday season. 

Lesson #2

I have learned is that time really does move faster as you get older.  There are so many things that I always said that I would get to later, and too much time has passed.  I don’t know where it went, but it has gone and I have missed out on great friendships and opportunities. 

Lesson #3
There is no use kicking yourself about your past.  The past is meant for reminiscing and learning, not punishing yourself for time that you can’t get back. 

Lesson#4 


Some pills are just hard to swallow.  I have always believed that you treat people the way you want to be treated, not the way you think that they should be treated.  That belief comes with a price, because everyone is not going to believe what you believe.  The mission is to do your best, without any expectation.

No comments:

Post a Comment