Saturday, November 22, 2014

The Holiday Season

Another Holiday season is upon us and this year as the Frugal Diva, I am not prepared.  So, for me it is window bargain shopping.  But for you, it can be a great day to save.  As I have said before, I do not go and face the crowds on Black Friday, I hit the internet.  Yes, I will be window shopping on the internet.  So, here are my top 3 online bargain shopping sites:

Online

Overstock  www.overstock.com – I used to really love this site.  They advertise a lot more now.  The sad part is that when some sites become more popular, their prices go up, so I would take advantage of shopping here, but I would still pay attention to make sure that I am getting a good bargain.

No more rack  www.nomorerack.com  -  I love this site.  This site has everything, and you can get some great deals.  I have purchased some great quality items from this site.  

I Herb  www.iherb.com  -  If you are into health or you have friends who are health nuts this is the place to go and the prices are right.  They even have health supplements for pets.  Also, depending on how much you order, you can get free shipping.  If you want to make gift baskets or stocking stuffers for Christmas, and your friends or family are into health, this would be a great place to go. 

Now, I do venture out, after Black Friday.  And when I am in Frugal Diva mode, I am in gift basket and stocking stuffer mode.  Here are my top 3 for Bricks and Mortar. 

Bricks and Mortar

Tuesday Morning www.tuesdaymorning.com  - If I am making gift baskets, I usually go here instead of an arts and crafts store.  Why?  I can usually get a higher quality basket for a lower price.  Of course, this store has all types of items that make great stocking stuffers and it wont torture your budget.  

TJ Maxx  www.tjmaxx.tjx.com – This place has clothes, gadgets, snacks and accessories. What else could a girl want?  Don’t get lost in the shoe and purse aisles; you are shopping for others, not for yourself.  (OK, this is what I tell myself.)  You can also shop online with TJ Maxx.  But I think that you will find better deals if you pound the pavement. 

Ross www.rossstores.com – This is TJ Maxx’s competitor, and I have found great deals there as well. 

Stating the Obvious

Well, of course you see the Amazon advertisements on my sites.  Do I shop at www.amazon.com ?   Well, yes I do.  Do they have great savings?  Yes.  So, why aren’t they on my top 3 list?  Well, when I think of Amazon, I think of 3 things first: variety, delivery and books.  And then, I think about the fact that they have great bargains.  When I think of the other sites, I think of bargains first.  Also, Amazon is not a site that I visit only during the Holiday Season; it is a site that I visit all year long.

Happy Holidays!!! 
 

Happy Savings!!


1 comment: